Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Act 5 Scenes 1 & 2 Script

This past weekend I spent a good amount of time writing Act 5 Scenes 1 & 2 copied below. I tried to moderinze the language as best I could making it sound like a modern conversation that people might have. I was very surprised by the short length of Scene 2 however, the play was not easy to write despite this short section. I hope that I have made it easier for the actors and anyone else involved in the writing of the play. I cannot wait for my work to be put into action when we start filming! Study up actors!


Act 5
Scene 1: Mantua. A street.

Enter Romeo.

Romeo.
If I can trust what happens when I sleep,
My dreams show something joyful will come.
Love rules my heart,
And I have many cheerful thoughts.
I dreamt my lady found me dead
(Strange dream that gives a dead man to think again!)
And I breathed life with the kisses from my lips
How sweet is love when it is thriving.

[Enter Romeo’s servent Balthasar.]

Ah Balthasar, how are you?
Do you have my letters from the friar?
How is my lady? Is my father well?
How is Juliet?  for nothing can be wrong if she’s cool.

Balthasar.
Then she’s well, and nothing is wrong.
She rest in Capulet’s tomb
And her soul lives with the angels.
I saw her laying dead
And I came here to tell you.
O, pardon me for having to bring the bad news.

Romeo.
Is that so? You’re crazy!
Get me a pen and some paper
And get a car, I will leave tonight.

Balthasar.
Romeo, please, have patience.
You’re getting to ahead of yourself

Romeo.
Don’t worry about it, you’re wrong.
Be quiet and do as I say
Do you have the letters from the friar?

Balthasar.
No sir.

Romeo.
Okay, get going.
And get me a car. I’ll be with you right away.

[Exit Balthasar.]

I hope to be wit Juliet tonight.
Let’s figure this out.
I do remember a drug dealer.
And he sells from a dark alley.
Quite a thin man he is, being poor.
Although the result of selling poison is death,
This dealer will surely give me some for the money I offer.
Just pass this corner and… Ah!
Why hello! *name?*!

[Enter Drug Dealer]

Pharmacist.
Who is it?!

Romeo.
Come here, I want some poison,
But not just any old poison,
One that will drop a man instantaneously.

Pharmacist.
I have what you want but it would cost me my life.

Romeo.
You’re a ragid old man with the need for money.
Take my money and use it to buy food,
Water and a new shelter.
Don’t listen to the law and give me the poison.

Pharmacist.
I need the money but I can’t do it.

Romeo.
I offer you money and no one else has to know.

Pharmacist.
Put this in any drink you wish,
And your life will be taken right from you.

Romeo.
Here’s the money,
That wasn’t so bad was it?
Goodbye. Go buy food and put on some weight.
I will use this poison out of love, thank you.

[Exeunt.]




 

Act 5
Scene 2: Friar Laurence’s cell.

Enter Friar John.

John.
Holy friar, hello!

[Enter Friar Laurence.]

Laurence.
Hello Friar John.
Welcome from Mantua. What did Romeo say?
Give me his response.

John.
I was helping an old friend in the city,
This delayed my speed and I was unable to stop at the post office,
Therefore, the post office did not give Romeo the letter

Laurence.
Then who did?

John.
No one, I could not send it off,
Here it is again.

Laurence.
Oh shoot!
This letter was not a social one, but one of great importance,
If Romeo doesn’t have it, this could get be
Friar John, go and get me an iron crowbar and bring it here.

John.
On it right away sir.

Laurence.
Within the next three hours, Juliet will wake.
She will be devastated that Romeo has not heard of these events.
But I will write to Romeo again
And keep her at my cell until Romeo comes-
Poor Romeo, seeking out Juliet’s dead body.

[Exit.]

No comments:

Post a Comment